Sinterklaas is a children’s holiday. We celebrate this mostly in Holland, but in Belgium aswell.
I made a fake Sinterklaas pie, using typical Sinterklaas candy, a couple of years ago. I wanted to remake it, since I cannot find that one anymore. So I’m going to explain step by step how to make this Sinterklaas Pie, or in Dutch: Sinterklaas taart.
- Round styrofoam
- Brown paint
- Hair dryer
- Glue gun
- Glue for the glue gun
- Gingerbread puppets
- Soft sugar foam candy
- Pepernoten, small (from the brand Bolletje)
- Pepernoten, big
- Old Dutch pepernoten (from the brand Bolletje)
- Pepernoten (bigger ones)
- Chocolate magic sticks (or chocolate cigarettes)
- Ribbon or some thread
- Ofcourse we start with the styrofoam.
2. I painted the styrofoam brown. I did this so it’s harder to spot the foam through the candy.
3. Dry the styrofoam.
4. Glue the gingerbread puppets all around the styrofoam.
5. Make sure to divided them properly.
6. Glue the big pepernoten to the top side. Start at the outside and work your way towards the middle.
7. Put the other pepernoten in between the gaps.
8. Now you decorate with the other ingredients. Divide everything well. And make sure you cannot see the styrofoam anymore.
9. Glue the chocolate magic sticks between every gingerbread puppet.
10. Finally, you put three chocolate magic sticks together with a ribbon or some thread. And your Sinterklaas pie is done!
And this is the end result! The Sinterklaas pie, or again in Dutch: De Sinterklaas taart.